Released on : April 26, 2018.
Note : 25% of the proceeds from this EP will go to Tamahar Trust, a Bengaluru based non-profit working in the field of childhood disability.
- All songs written and performed by Samar Mehdi.
- Engineered, mixed and mastered by Aman Arakh. (Aman dedicates his contribution on this EP to the memory of his late grandmother, Shri Sumitra Devi, who passed away while this EP was in the works. “For what you made out of my father, who is the light of the entire family, may your love and affection forever find a way through to us. Farewell.”)
- All songs produced by Samar Mehdi and Aman Arakh.
- Album Art by Farah Ahmad.
Personal Note: “Urooj would not have been possible without the efforts of Sarah Mehdi (first reviewer, analyst), Kunal Malhotra and the rest of Worker Bee fam (backbone to everything), Shivani Sharma (website, research), Sarah Khan (all other Reinterpretations’ Arts), Sharon Peter (“spread the word” for the website). Apart from these, I want to thank my parents and family, Asif Zaidi, Dhairya Anand, Arya Anand, Siraj Zaidi, Anisha Lanewala, Animesh Chaurasia, Dylogg Coworking, Shwetang Shankar, Yashvardhan Vasaniya, Suhas Thobbi and the rest of RSJ fam, Rahul Nair and the rest of fangirl.live fam, Siddharth Basrur, Vishal Gore, Varun Mehra, Syed Aaqib, Meghdeep Bose, Nitesh Gupta, Adarsh Gupta and the rest of Adanj Production fam for their direct and indirect contributions to my life that have been quintessential to Urooj in their own way.” – Samar Mehdi
DID YOU KNOW?
- This EP has not been recorded or mixed in any studio. It has been recorded in the same room where Samar had (re-)written all the songs that have featured on it and then mixed by Aman in a string of places – from the room, to inside buses, trains and planes – owing to Samar’s travels throughout the period that the EP was being produced. Aman, being his live engineer too, went along on my adventures and they carried working on the EP before and after the shows.
- Urooj has songs that were originally written by Samar during a period stretching from 2014 to 2018 (coincidentally, one song from each year). Samar’s “reinterpretations” refer to his re-writing of these and his other songs in this solo format.